NIAD programs support 70 artists in creating art and launching sustainable careers in the contemporary art world. Your donation, of any amount, will help support NIAD artists now.
Donate by Check
Make your check out to NIAD Art Center and mail to:
NIAD Art Center
551 23rd St.
Richmond, CA 94804
As a NIAD volunteer, your work will support neurodiverse adult artists’ independence, dignity, and community integration through art-making.
On-Site Volunteer Opportunities
- Prepare and assemble canvases for the artists
- Sort fabrics
- Organize our Art Library
- Tidy the studio
- Garden in the NIAD courtyard
- Provide Mobile Art Lab tech support
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- Translate documents and outreach materials (Spanish)
- Provide Mobile Art Lab tech support by phone and Zoom
For more information about how to become a NIAD volunteer, please contact Office Manager, Ingrid Alonso-Rodriguez, at (510) 620-0290 or by email.
For corporate volunteer opportunities, please contact Development Manager, Alice Wu, at (510) 620-0290 or by email.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
In order to ensure the safety of our artists, staff, and volunteers, our studio has been reconfigured to meet CDC guidelines and accommodate social distancing. NIAD will provide gloves, hand sanitizer, and hand washing stations. All on-site volunteers will follow social distancing guidelines at all times and wear self-provided, double-layered face coverings that meet CDC standards.
Become An Exhibition Sponsor
As an Exhibition Sponsor, your support goes a long way to ensure the success and visibility of NIAD’s online and on-site gallery shows.
Your $1,500 tax-deductible donation covers expenses such as:
- A stipend for each of our show organizers
- Artist talk and workshop fees
- Fresh paint for gallery walls, framing, signage, lights, graphic design
- Photography to document the exhibition
- Opening reception refreshments
- Tech support for online openings
- Gallery staff
We gratefully acknowledge your support with:
- Your name and logo on exhibition press materials
- Your name and logo on our website, Facebook (8,000+ art lovers), Instagram (10,000+ art lovers), and e-newsletter (4,000+ art lovers)
- Two tickets to WIN WIN, our annual benefit exhibition and art auction
- One year NIAD membership to North American Reciprocal Museums giving you free admission to 150+ museums
- Limited edition NIAD swag
- Discount on NIAD art sales and space rentals
- Private tour of NIAD Art Center
- Creative team-building workshops for your employees
Ready to sponsor, or want to learn more?
Please contact Alice Wu, Development Manager, at (510) 620-0290, or by email.
More Ways to Give
Your donation fosters independence, dignity, and community integration for NIAD Studio Artists through sustainable careers in the arts for people with disabilities. Giving to NIAD is easy. Here are some ways:
Multiply your impact. Ask your employer how they support organizations like NIAD Art Center through matching your contribution.
Your sponsorship raises the visibility of NIAD artists’ work. Learn more.
Honor and Memorial Gifts
Remember a lost loved one, commemorate a milestone moment, or celebrate a NIAD artist by making a special gift in their name.
Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, and IRA Rollovers
Donate appreciated stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or from your IRA. You’ll support NIAD’s artists and receive significant tax benefits.
Are you dedicated to seeing neurodiverse artists flourish and gain visibility over the next 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years? By naming NIAD Art Center in your bequests and estate plans, donating retirement assets, or donating life insurance, you will support NIAD Studio Artists for generations to come.
We invite you to let us know of your plans. You can join our Legacy Circle of supporters who have also made this commitment to NIAD.
For more information about planned giving and giving to NIAD, please reach out anytime to Amanda Eicher, Executive Director, at (510) 620-0290 or by email.